Reporter Caleb Diehl will be embedded on a trade mission to Bangkok.
This Sunday, Oregon Business leaves Oregon. And the country.
We’re jetting off to Bangkok, Thailand for a week.
We’ll accompany Business Oregon, Prosper Portland and eight small renewable energy companies on an annual trade mission. We’ll watch as they seek to develop relationships with Thai leaders and represent the state at ASEAN sustainable energy week, one of the largest renewable energy conferences in Southeast Asia.
Thailand is accelerating clean tech, a strong suit for Oregon. Sustainable development is a cornerstone of the ambitious “Thailand 4.0” plan the military announced in 2016. The country’s electric vehicle market is booming.
The trade mission will seek out opportunities in this sector, and insights for Oregon.
To subscribe to Oregon Business, click here.
Latest from Caleb Diehl
- Four ways the farm bill will boost business in rural Oregon
- Audit finds gaps in state tracking of opioid abuse
- Oregon's water infrastructure hasn't been upgraded for 100 years. Some think it's time to fix that.
- Updated: Harvard economist scores Oregon on access to the American dream
- Climate change dominates business leadership talks