- On Wednesday, April 26, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Lane Powell will partner with Associated Oregon Industries (AOI) to present our “Best Practices for Best Employers” Labor and Employment Seminar, now in its 34th year. The seminar will be held at Hilton Portland in its new Atrium Ballroom, located at 921 SW 6th Avenue in downtown Portland. The registration fee is $75 prepay online or $90 at the door. Online registration is available at www.lanepowell.com.
The seminar will feature presentations by Lane Powell attorneys and guest presenter Betsy Earls, Vice President and Counsel of AOI. Together, we will provide the most recent insights in employment law to help employers, HR professionals, in-house counsel and managers navigate tough employment issues, understand legal obligations, remain compliant, and avoid disruptive and expensive audits, charges and lawsuits.
Seminar topics will include:
- What employers should do now to comply with the Affordable Care Act and the impact of recent changes in Congress and the White House;
- Changes to employment-based immigration practices that may impact your business and employees;
- When cancer comes to work;
- Recent developments in labor and employment law, and anticipated changes in the law and regulatory policy from the new administration and the Oregon legislature;
- Pressing employee benefits issues in 2017;
- How to comply with today's complex rules governing recruiting, interviewing and hiring; and
- Harassment prevention, mitigation, policies, best practices and more!
Lane Powell is a Pacific Northwest law firm with a national — and international — reach. Our approximately 200 attorneys are trusted advisors, counsel and advocates for individuals, small and large businesses, including Fortune 50 companies. Since 1875, clients have relied on Lane Powell’s exceptional legal acumen and forward-thinking approach to resolve their most complex business, litigation and regulatory challenges. lanepowell.com
- Lane Powell Shareholder Robert Maloney’s Commitment to Serving Communities Continues
- Food & Beverage Manufacturers: Eschew Compositional Obfuscation
- Piecing Together the Immigration Puzzle
- Lane Powell Adds Bankruptcy, Finance and Litigation Shareholders in Portland
- Bird Elected to Third Term on National Association of Corporate Directors Northwest Chapter Board of Directors