Brand Story – Get local employer insights on how shared commute solutions can give you a competitive edge to retain and attract talent during Get There Oregon’s FREE webinar June 15.
Hop In! How Shared Rides Boost Staff Benefits
June 15 | 11 am
Employers face unprecedented staffing challenges today between “The Great Resignation” and skyrocketing fuel prices that make employee commutes even more painful. Notwithstanding the COVID crisis, employee commutes have steadily gotten longer not only due to traffic congestion but farther distances traveled for work. Shared commute solutions—carpooling and vanpooling—can give employers a competitive edge to retain and attract talent, especially onsite shift workers that can’t use transit and other options. And there are rideshare resources, tools, and services available for employers and their employees to use at no or little cost.
Join Get There Oregon and partners in the next free Thriving Workplaces Webinar Series installment on June 15: Shared Commute & Staffing Solutions. Experts will cover the array of advantages and benefits shared commute solutions offer in meeting critical business needs, as well as showcase a variety of support services and tools. Key features and capabilities of Oregon’s free trip planning, ridematching and metrics tracking tool, Get There Connect, will be presented, as well as vanpool set-up and management services offered by Commute with Enterprise. Plus, Bob’s Red Mill will share insights and strategies from its newly launched employee commute options program that, in particular, promotes carpooling among the company’s manufacturing and distribution shift workers.
What you’ll learn:
- Advantages + benefits of shared commute solutions—carpooling and vanpooling—for employers and onsite employees
- Find out how to tap into Oregon’s free online trip planning and rideshare matching tool, Get There Connect, to make your employee commutes better and serve critical business needs
- Get insights and ideas from Oregon-based manufacturer and distributor Bob’s Red Mill on employee shared commute options engagement strategies and programs
- Learn about employee + employer vanpooling benefits, including cost savings, pre-tax incentives, and government subsidies
- Find out how Commute with Enterprise sets up and supports commuter vanpools (vehicles, 24/7 roadside assistance, maintenance and insurance included) at no or little cost to employers
Get There Oregon Coordinator & Programs Specialist at Alta Planning + Design
Sydney serves on Get There Oregon’s employer support and commuter engagement team through Alta Planning + Design. Among her responsibilities she provides technical support for Oregon’s free online trip planning and rideshare matching tool, Get There Connect. Sydney also acts as a liaison between local transportation providers, employers, and commuters to ensure ready access to resources and services. Plus, she plays a lead role in Get There’s statewide employer and commuter program activities that includes the annual Get There Challenge held in October.
Sustainability Manager at Bob’s Red Mill
Headquartered in Oregon with manufacturing and distribution operations that serve national and global markets, Bob’s Red Mill produces over 400 natural foods products. Demand for Bob’s products has steadily grown, requiring the manufacturer to expand production and, consequently, its workforce. People are central to the core values that guide Bob’s operations as is to the company’s commitment to sustainability. As Sustainability Manager, Julia combines Bob’s people and sustainability priorities to enhance operations, while meeting production needs and upholding company standards. She leads Bob’s newly launched sustainable employee commute options program that leverages Get There Oregon’s free tools and resources. Promoting carpooling among day and night onsite shift workers is the one of the program’s top goals.
Sales & Support Executive at Commute with Enterprise
Commute with Enterprise, a division of Enterprise Rent-A-Car, is the largest vanpool provider in North America with services that include setting up and managing vanpools for commuters and employers alike. Enterprise helps make vanpooling easy by organizing vanpools among commuters, plus providing vehicles, 24/7 roadside assistance, maintenance and insurance. David works across Oregon, Washington, and Alaska to make commutes better for onsite employees through vanpooling, while boosting retention and recruitment for employers.
If your business is exploring commuting benefits as a tool in your recruiting and employee retention toolkit, then we hope you’ll join us!
Brand stories are paid content articles that allow Oregon Business advertisers to share news about their organizations and engage with readers on business and public policy issues. The stories are produced in house by the Oregon Business marketing department. For more information, contact associate publisher Courtney Kutzman.
- Fresh Solutions for Flexible Workplaces
- Recruit, retain employees + create thriving workplaces by leveraging low-cost commute benefits
- Boost Hybrid Work and Employee Engagement
- How leaders can create thriving workplaces by leveraging hybrid work and commuter benefits
- The Future of Work and Reinventing the Status Quo