Ep. 2: WTF is Blockchain?
Two of our reporters noticed that Oregon business and political leaders are infatuated with the word "blockchain." What is blockchain, exactly? And why is it getting so much attention here in Oregon? We asked venture capitalists and technology experts: Jeff Gaus, CEO of Prolifiq Software; Amy Sample Ward, director of the Nonprofit Technology Network; Matt Abrams, partner at Seven Peaks Ventures, Julianne Brands, researcher at Oregon Angel Fund, and Matthew Gregory, founder of the blockchain-based security startup Ockam.
Latest from Caleb Diehl
- Portland council candidates weigh in on housing, police, campaign finance and more
- Portland public school students walk out to protest gun violence
- Portland man indicted for defrauding NASA worked for Sapa Extrusion
- Design Week: AI leaders cautiously optimistic about their creations
- This IT professional thinks she can oust Senate president Peter Courtney