After moving its Portland Tazo tea operations to Washington state, Starbucks is planning to open its first tea shop this fall
After moving its Portland Tazo tea operations to Washington state, Starbucks is planning to open its first tea shop this fall.
The Seattle-based cafe chain says the store will open near its headquarters and will include a tea bar where customers can blend their own tea mixes with the help of a store worker the company is calling a "tea partner."
Portland entrepreneur Steve Smith founded Tazo Tea Co. 18 years ago and built it into a global brand, buying ingredients worldwide and marketing quirky, whimsical blends. Starbucks bought the company in 1999 for a reported $9.1 million.
Read more at OregonLive
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer