Grow Oregon is a "pre-startup-phase" effort to build a political advocacy group expanding on the 2011 Oregon Business Plan.
The group's two page action plan is similar to that of Our Oregon, a group that has had success in recent years, including the passage of Measures 66 and 67.
One of those responsible for Our Oregon’s 2005 creation—then-Oregon Education Association lobbyist Chip Terhune—is helping steer the new group, which comprises large businesses often at odds with Our Oregon.
“Whoever put this together has a clear appreciation for what we do,” says Our Oregon spokesman Scott Moore of the Grow Oregon document.
The Grow Oregon plan, Moore says, describes Our Oregon’s approach: “electorate modeling,” “targeting message delivery,” “using data to measure progress and success” and “long-term strategic electoral planning.”
Read more at Willamette Week.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer