Construction firms prepare for summer rush
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in High Five
- 0 comments
Construction firms are preparing for a rush of summer projects at schools, roads and elsewhere in Oregon.
Sometimes, projects nearly bump into one another. For example, TriMet is planning for a light-rail bridge across the Willamette River near the South Waterfront District while Southwest Moody Avenue is being improved, the Block 49 housing project is being built, cleanup is taking place at the Zidell site and work is set to start on the Life Sciences Building.
Coordination becomes essential for project owners and contractors.
“We make a very serious effort to stay in communication with everybody,” [ODT spokesman Don] Hamilton said. “This includes the city, county, TriMet, private firms (and) the public and emergency services.”
Read more at the Daily Journal of Commerce.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise