A new report from IHS Global Insight says that Oregon cities will take many years to recover the number of jobs they had before the recession.
The Portland metro area won't recover until mid-2014, the report says.
Corvallis will do better, returning to pre-recession peak employment in 2013, according to the report Monday by IHS Global Insight, an economic forecasting firm. Medford will take until 2018 and Eugene-Springfield until 2019, the report said.
Metro Bend? Oregon's poster city for the housing bubble won't stage a jobs comeback until "beyond 2021," the forecasters said. They see double-digit unemployment gripping Deschutes County through 2013.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- October Oregon Get There Challenge: Build A Thriving Workforce By Making Employee Commutes Better
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- The 2023 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon survey is open!
- New for the 2023 Survey: Customized, Supplemental 100 Best Survey Questions
- Fresh Solutions for Flexible Workplaces