Central Oregon's craft brew market has grown in recent years, but no one has opened up shop in Crook County until now.
Longtime homebrewer Joe Barker is opening Solstice Brewing Company in Prineville.
“I’ve been brewing probably for 10 years,” Barker said. “What really pushed me (to open a brewery) is I’ve always really enjoyed making craft beer and then having friends over for dinner and just being able to share.”
Barker was looking for a small town to launch his enterprise and found Prineville to be a good fit. Through conversations with the locals, he had seemingly discovered a community with a healthy demand for a craft brewery.
Read more at the Central Oregonian.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer