Gabriel Rucker of Le Pigeon and Little Bird and Andy Ricker of Pok Pok and Ping's won James Beard Foundation awards.
Rucker was named Rising Star of the Year, and Ricker won Best Chef Northwest.
"The city of Portland has allowed us to do what we do, and I don't think Pok Pok could have happened anywhere else," Ricker said in his acceptance speech.
Ricker and Rucker (say that five times fast) join local pastry chef Kim Boyce and "selmelier" Mark Bitterman who received James Beard awards on Friday night.
Read more at Willamette Week.
- Nurses at 2 More Providence Hospitals Vote to Strike
- Former Guinness Head Brewer to Direct New Aviation Distillery
- McLeod-Skinner, Kotek Clinch Nominations as Oregon Counts Primary Ballots
- Developers See Opportunity In Downtown Portland
- Comcast Launching WiFi-Connected “Lift Zones” in Oregon/SW Washington