Gabriel Rucker of Le Pigeon and Little Bird and Andy Ricker of Pok Pok and Ping's won James Beard Foundation awards.
Rucker was named Rising Star of the Year, and Ricker won Best Chef Northwest.
"The city of Portland has allowed us to do what we do, and I don't think Pok Pok could have happened anywhere else," Ricker said in his acceptance speech.
Ricker and Rucker (say that five times fast) join local pastry chef Kim Boyce and "selmelier" Mark Bitterman who received James Beard awards on Friday night.
Read more at Willamette Week.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer