Japan-based Sanyo Homes is in talks to build trial houses of its eco-friendly houses and condominiums in Portland later this year.
Sanyo houses also employ the latest in earthquake-proof technology.
"Portland places emphasis on environment, sustainability and eco, which are the keywords in our business, too," said Hideo Nakai, president of Sanyo Homes, in an email interview. "Also, one of our major shareholders, Sanyo Electric started manufacturing key components of solar power generation in Salem recently. Since then, we started communications with officials from the state of Oregon and the cities of Portland and Salem and we have noticed that they are very supportive, professional and business-oriented."
Nakai said he expects a groundbreaking on an initial trial project in the Portland area this year. He added that the company would consider opening a U.S. office if the market develops for Sanyo Homes.
Read more at Sustainable Business Oregon.
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer