In a speech to the Salem Rotary Club, Gov. John Kitzhaber said that small and medium-sized forward-thinking businesses will lead Oregon out of the recession.
...Kitzhaber described what he calls an "economy of innovation" that would put people to work weatherizing schools, reaping biomass material and making solar energy materials.
The new economy, the governor said, will be one that "leads the way in advanced manufacturing" and that "rewards efficiency rather than excess." It will add jobs in low-carbon, energy efficient and locally based businesses, he said.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
- Photo Gallery: Best Images Of 2022
- Oregon State University, Rogue Farm Corps Win USDA Funding to Help New Farmers
- Retailers Anticipate Another Record-Breaking Holiday Sales Season
- Oregon Hazelnut Growers Are Feeling the Crunch
- Oregon-China Partnerships ‘Should Go On’ Despite Tensions, Chinese Consul General Says