Dark Horse Comics in Milwaukie laid off seven employees, due to down publishing sales.
Dark Horse is one of the largest independent comics publishers in the U.S., and is feeling the difficulties faced by companies such as Borders.
The Milwaukie-based company known for such titles as “Hellboy,” let go three staffers from its editorial department, one from marketing, two from accounting and human resources and one from design, a company spokesman said Wednesday.
Prior to the layoffs, Dark Horse had a staff of nearly 130, according to the spokesman.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
Latest from OBM Team
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- 2020 100 Best "Fan-Favorite" Destinations in Oregon awards luncheon AND "They said what?": Online-review reputation seminar
- "They said what?": How to manage your brand, social media and online-review reputation.
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- 100 Best Nonprofits Merchandise