Rep. Mitch Greenlick again pitched the merger of Portland State University with Oregon Health & Science University during a legislative committee presentation.
Greenlick said the economic future of Portland depends on having a major research university, which it could create by merging PSU, the state's largest university, with OHSU, its only medical school. Other prosperous metropolitan areas, such as Boston, San Diego and Seattle, draw on the economic power of comprehensive universities with academic health centers.
"These two institutions inevitably will become a single institution," said Greenlick, who has taught public health classes at both.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer