Solar industry stalls
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in High Five
- 0 comments
Industry experts say that utility-scale solar projects are stalling in Portland.
In a presentation to members of the Northwest Environmental Business Council, solar industry experts said that utility-scale solar projects are stalling in Portland.
The experts expressed frustration over mixed signals from the state, a tax incentive system weighted toward other types of renewable energy development and a pilot feed-in-tariff that leaves little room for utility-scale projects. They said there are ways to galvanize the flagging industry, but not without support from Oregon's government and the renewable energy community.
Topping concerns was that no utility-scale projects were built in 2010 in Oregon, yet a dozen or more were conceived. Those projects, which would sell power to utilities, are still languishing in pre-permit planning, in tax-credit limbo or unable to capitalize.
Read more at Sustainable Business Oregon.
Last modified onMonday, 19 October 2015 11:39
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise