Fashion trucks roll out
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in High Five
- 0 comments
Modeled after Portland's famous food carts, vintage boutiques are popping up in renovated vehicles.
Portland currently has two fashion trucks, with another in the works.
Lively new shops, or trailer trash?
There are some common lines between finding your perfect vintage dress and shopping in a place that’s so unique,” said Vanessa Lurie, who co-owns the traveling Wanderlust boutique. “You will have a story when people say, ‘Where did you get that?’”
“I saw food carts popping up everywhere, and I knew if they could do food in a cart, I could do retail in a cart,” [Lodekka owner Erin] Sutherland said.
Though both shops are housed in older vehicles and are filled with used, vintage merchandise, Lodekka and Wanderlust feel fresh, clean and even spacious inside. The shop owners reinvented their careers in developing their businesses, and in order to do so they had to reinvent the vehicles they chose and much of the vintage merchandise they chose to sell.
Read more at Neighborhood Notes.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise