Solar with no money down
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in High Five
- 0 comments
Oregon homeowners can now go solar with no money down, thanks to a lease program that will install solar panels for low monthly payments.
Managers of SolarCity, a California-based company, say Oregon homeowners can go solar for as little as $20 a month with no up-front costs. The new financing option, which incorporates state and federal tax credits, results from an Oregon Energy Department rule change.
The new approach departs from programs that have required homeowners to spend thousands of dollars on systems that gradually yield returns. The lease option may not cut a homeowners' electricity bills that much, but it can warm the hearts and homes of utility customers who want to go green.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise