Portland-based electric motorcycle company MotoCzysz is raising $6 million in venture capital.
MotoCzysz partnered with global automotive parts company, Remy International, to co-develop an electric drive system that could have wide applications in the growing EV industry.
True to [CEO Michael] Czysz's training as an architect and designer, the drive is an eye-catching bright red box — about as sexy as it gets for car parts.
"It's really magical," Czysz said, describing the drive, officially called the D1g1tal Dr1ve. "There is one moving part in the motor. It's so simple. Most early EV engines can only use about 50 percent of their power potential."
The drive is designed to be an easy solution for electric vehicle manufacturers. It contains a system of matched integrated components, including motor, controller, a proprietary cooling system, final drive and a differential that allows for wheel rotation at different speeds — all enclosed in a lightweight aluminum shell.
Read more at Sustainable Business Oregon.
Latest from OBM Team
- The 2020 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon survey is live!
- 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon Dinner and Celebration
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer
- 2019 100 Best Green Workplaces in Oregon Luncheon and Celebration
- The 2019 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon