Some business owners in Boring, Oregon want to get rid of the Trimet tax because they say it doesn't benefit them or their workers.
The taxes for the largest companies are thousands of dollars every year and some have been paying them for more than three decades.
Some business owners say they have never even seen a TriMet bus in Boring and owners who have seen them say they’re always empty.
“I’ve always felt like the people in Boring have been subsidizing the service in Portland, and I don’t think that’s right,” says business owner Steven Bates.
Read more at KATU.com.
Latest from OBM Team
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- 2020 100 Best "Fan-Favorite" Destinations in Oregon awards luncheon AND "They said what?": Online-review reputation seminar
- "They said what?": How to manage your brand, social media and online-review reputation.
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- 100 Best Nonprofits Merchandise