Tom Hughes is still holding a slim lead over Bob Stacey in the race for Metro president, but only by less than 300 votes as of Thursday morning.
An automatic recount will be conducted if the final lead is 0.2 percent or less.
Hughes is a former mayor of Hillsboro, the economic engine of Washington County. He is winning in Washington and Clackamas counties.
Stacey, a former director of 1000 Friends of Oregon, is leading in Multnomah County.
Read more at the Portland Tribune.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- The 2023 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon survey is open!
- New for the 2023 Survey: Customized, Supplemental 100 Best Survey Questions
- Fresh Solutions for Flexible Workplaces
- Hop In! How Shared Rides Boost Staff Benefits
- Recruit, retain employees + create thriving workplaces by leveraging low-cost commute benefits