More than 4,500 people attended the three-day Portland Tattoo Expo at the Oregon Convention Center this weekend.
The tattoo industry has exploded over the past decade.
Until recently, it was nearly impossible to hold national tattoo gatherings in Oregon -- a paradox for Portland, given its robust and growing tattoo industry. But about six months ago, the legal landscape changed.
"Every tattoo artist in the world wants to do work in Portland," said Brandon Ingram, 42, publisher of Northwest Tattoo Magazine. "We wanted to make that possible, so we were very persistent with Salem. The result was huge."
Read more at OregonLive.com.
Read more about Oregon's growing tattoo industry.
Latest from OBM Team
- Submit Your Business as One of the 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- 2020 100 Best "Fan-Favorite" Destinations in Oregon awards luncheon AND "They said what?": Online-review reputation seminar
- "They said what?": How to manage your brand, social media and online-review reputation.
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon