Seventh Mountain Resort along Cascade Lakes Highway near Bend is almost done with a $15 million renovation.
Amid the controversial renovations, the destination resort got a new general manager, Chris Otto.
“There was quite a bit of controversy over the renovations, but that was before my arrival,” Otto said. “Now that the renovation work is nearly completed, the property owners I've talked to are very happy with the quality of the renovations.
For following green building practices, Otto said Seventh Mountain Resort received the 2010 Award for Greening the Built Environment, which hangs on the wall in the registration building along with a plaque naming it one of the 2010 Top 25 Northwest Resorts chosen by the Portland Business Journal, as well as the Expedia Insider Select Award for being chosen One of the World's Top 1 Percent of Hotels in 2008. The Seventh Mountain Resort also has received the three-diamond rating from AAA every year since 2006.
Read more at The Bulletin.
Read more about Oregon's destination resorts.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer