The Eugene Chamber of Commerce has honored five outstanding local companies for performance and innovation.
Bi-Mart Corp., Ninkasi Brewing Co., Bulk Handling Systems, Organically Grown Co. and King Estate Winery received the honors.
King Estate Winery was previously announced as the Business of the Year. The 19-year-old winery “is a poster child for eco-friendly farming and wine production, as well as the localvore culinary movement,” judges said. The winery and its founder, Ed King, have been instrumental in the efforts to ban field burning in Lane County, judges said, and “support countless organizations that advocate for the environment, among them the National Coalition for Alternatives to Pesticides.” The winery, which has received national recognition, is the world’s largest contiguous organic vineyard, judges said. King Estate also supports more than 200 local nonprofit groups in addition to the jobs it has added to the local economy, judges said.
Read more at The Register-Guard.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- October Oregon Get There Challenge: Build A Thriving Workforce By Making Employee Commutes Better
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- The 2023 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon survey is open!
- New for the 2023 Survey: Customized, Supplemental 100 Best Survey Questions
- Fresh Solutions for Flexible Workplaces