M3 Wave Energy Systems of Salem is developing technology to harvest energy from ocean waves.
M3 Wave Energy Systems of Salem is developing wave energy technology with grants from the federal government and a local nonprofit.
Their start-up company has won a $240,000 award from the U.S. Department of Energy and a $60,000 matching award from the Oregon Wave Energy Trust, a nonprofit group that receives funding from the state. The grants will help determine whether M3 Wave Energy can create a commercially viable product.Read more at StatesmanJournal.com.
Unlike buoys that harness the energy of ocean waves on the surface, the system developed by M3 Wave Energy is completely submerged. The company's technology falls under a category of wave energy converters known as a "submerged pressure differential device."
Last modified onMonday, 19 October 2015 11:39
Latest from OBM Team
- The 2020 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon survey is live!
- 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon Dinner and Celebration
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer
- 2019 100 Best Green Workplaces in Oregon Luncheon and Celebration
- The 2019 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon