Norwegian electric car battery maker ReVolt Technology LLC is moving its headquarters to Portland after receiving $6.8 million in loans and tax credits from the city and state.
The new headquarters is expected to create 150 jobs by 2015.
“We are pleased to welcome ReVolt to Oregon and look forward to partnering with the company as we develop our clean energy economy,” said Oregon Governor Ted Kulongoski. “This investment will mean jobs immediately for Oregonians, with the promise of more in the future. In addition, the battery technology research and eventual manufacturing that ReVolt plans will help Oregon remain a global leader on electric vehicles.”
Read more at the Portland Tribune.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer