A gathering of Latinos and partners in education, nonprofits, business and government working together to improve the lives of Latino Oregonians.
In different corners of the state Latinos and Latino-serving organizations work to improve education, business, housing, health, civic engagement, youth support, parent involvement, and advocacy among other fields. Yet few opportunities exist to connect, learn from each other and to collaborate for actions.
The 2017 Latino-focused Conexiones Summit is designed to be an opportunity to connect, share, learn, and commit to a specific and measurable action, right here in Oregon. The Conexiones Summit will be held from October 5-6 in Salem, and will focus on topics of education, leadership and engagement, small business and entrepreneurship, and health and well-being for Latino Oregonians.
The Conexiones Summit will take place October 5 through October 6 at 1:30 p.m., at the Salem Convention Center.
A United Latino Voice for Oregon, a pre-summit session hosted by The Ford Family Foundation, will take place on October 4, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
This session will focus on the priorities for the Latino community in Oregon. Individuals and groups responding to these priorities are diverse and distinct with multiple approaches and strategies. Is it possible to create out of the different approaches and strategies a larger umbrella that unites the many voices representing Latinos in Oregon? What would it look like in order to be inclusive of the many voices and faces of Latinos in Oregon? These and other questions will be the focus of this session and will help us jump start the Conexiones Summit: Transforming Communities Together.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
2017 Conexiones Summit is for Latino professionals and partners working through the spectrum of education (K-12, college and career), promoting business and entrepreneurship, increasing Latino leadership, and promoting health for Latinos. We invite those working and learning in nonprofit organizations, government and business sectors, and educational institutions.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The core of the 2017 Conexiones Summit will be a working group model which consists of five-topic specific groups, each bringing diverse industry leaders and practitioners on education, leadership and engagement, business and entrepreneurship, and health. Each group will convene several times over the course of the summit to identify and discuss specific sub topic issues, to share knowledge, build collaborations and create points of action. Each group will be led by a facilitator who will help guide working group participants through the process.
• Promote knowledge and understanding of diverse Latino communities in Oregon
• Gather emerging, established industry leaders, and subject matter experts to have thoughtful conversations, build partnerships and cross collaborations to generate different levels of commitment to action or practical solutions to challenges
• Elevate dialogue about relevant topics, including civic participation, education, entrepreneurship, and health for Latino Oregonians
Because ultimately, the success of Oregon Latinos and the state as a whole are intertwined, and this is determined in large part by Latinos and their partners’ contributions and achievements.
- OCF Releases the 2017 Tracking Oregon’s Progress Report Not Everything is Equal: Creating Opportunity for All Oregon Children
- The Power of Philanthropists
- Conexiones Event Successfully Connects Latinos and Partners To Address Common Goals for Oregon
- Creative Ways to Be Charitable Every Day
- Oregon Community Foundation Fall Philanthropy Forum