One of the largest builders of affordable single-family homes in Oregon for 21 years, HOST Development, has shut down due to the economy.
Before closing down, HOST had been building up to 100 homes a year.
That's dozens more than even another motivated builder, Habitat for Humanity, could manage in the same period."Even that was a drop in the bucket compared to the need," says [President Ted] Gilbert.
City housing officials so far are keeping a stiff upper lip, acknowledging the blow but clinging to hopes that other developers might fill the void—especially now that land is cheap.
Read more at the Portland Mercury.
Latest from OBM Team
- Submit Your Business as One of the 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon
- The 2020 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon survey is live!
- 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon Dinner and Celebration
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer
- 2019 100 Best Green Workplaces in Oregon Luncheon and Celebration