Warrenton sawmill to reopen in late spring
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in High Five
- 0 comments
The Warrenton sawmill, closed since December, is set to reopen in late spring.
The Warrenton sawmill, closed since December, may reopen in late spring.
Hampton Affiliates closed the mill immediately after purchasing it from Weyerhaeuser Co., laying off 94 employees.
Hampton has invested millions of dollars into new front end and drying equipment, but wouldn't say exactly how much they're pouring into the facility. Prior employees at the mill will have to reapply for jobs.
Hiring would start 60 to 90 days before the mill's opening and if fully staffed, the mill could employ up to 200 people, [chief executive officer Steven] Zika said.
Read more at The Daily Astorian.
Last modified onMonday, 19 October 2015 11:39
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise