The Warrenton sawmill, closed since December, may reopen in late spring.
Hampton Affiliates closed the mill immediately after purchasing it from Weyerhaeuser Co., laying off 94 employees.
Hampton has invested millions of dollars into new front end and drying equipment, but wouldn't say exactly how much they're pouring into the facility. Prior employees at the mill will have to reapply for jobs.
Hiring would start 60 to 90 days before the mill's opening and if fully staffed, the mill could employ up to 200 people, [chief executive officer Steven] Zika said.
Read more at The Daily Astorian.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer