Webtrends acquires Transpond
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in High Five
- 0 comments
Portland's Webtrends prepares for a shift away from traditional websites and towards social media and mobile computing by acquiring San Francisco-based Transpond.
Webtrends plans to focus more on apps for Facebook and mobile devices like the iPhone.
"This is an important directional change for the company, which has been historically focused just on measurement," [social media product manager Justin] Kistner said.
While social media is taking off, Kistner said there are relatively few developers specializing in Facebook apps. By acquiring Transpond, and building up its team, Kistner said Webtrends hopes to fill that gap itself.
"We saw the gap between where users are spending their time and where marketers are spending their money," he said.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise