Portland's video processing startup Elemental Technologies wins $7.5 million in venture capital from The Walt Disney Co.'s Steamboat Ventures.
Video processing startup Elemental Technologies announced $7.5 million in venture backing from The Walt Disney Co.'s venture capital arm, Steamboat Ventures.
Elemental is expanding on the video editing software it debuted two years ago, and developing more tools for online video broadcasters.
Elemental's software aims to make video processing more efficient without sacrificing picture quality. That keeps the process speedy and gets the most out of the computers producing the video.
It also gives online broadcasters flexibility, enabling them to adjust video quality on the fly to suit each user's device and Internet connection. Someone watching at home with fast Internet access can view a high-definition version, for example, while broadcasters can simultaneously stream in lower resolution for viewers on slower connections or a mobile device.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Print advertising specifications
- 100 Best Fan-Favorite Destinations in Oregon for 2020 are announced
- Video: Cyber Security for Manufacturers
- Info Package: The 2019 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon
- Mt. Bachelor Village by Meredith Lodging and Wanderlust Tours Team Up for New “Friday Frolic” Event this Summer