Rainn Wilson responds to a suit against him by counter-suing Think Brilliant.
"The Office" star Rainn Wilson has responded to a suit against him by counter-suing Portland startup Think Brilliant.
Wilson aleged Think Brilliant is guilty of "brazen fraud and breach of trust"and is asking for damages of at least $400,000.
Think Brilliant claimed that Wilson had promised to give the Portland company partial ownership of SoulPancake. In his counterclaim filed last week, Wilson characterizes those discussions as "preliminary" and dismisses claims that he accessed Think Brilliant's development site without permission.
"From January 2010 through June 2010, SoulPancake funded all of Think Brilliant’s monthly expenses, including salaries and health insurance benefits for all five Think Brilliant employees, as well as office expenses and business taxes, in exchange for Think Brilliant’s agreement to work exclusively on SoulPancake.com. Unbeknownst to SoulPancake, however, Think Brilliant flagrantly breached its obligations and fraudulently diverted its resources to the development of a secret project, called 'Ziphook,' Wilson alleges in his counterclaim, filed last week with U.S. District Court in Portland.
Read more at OregonLive.com.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- October Oregon Get There Challenge: Build A Thriving Workforce By Making Employee Commutes Better
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- The 2023 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon survey is open!
- New for the 2023 Survey: Customized, Supplemental 100 Best Survey Questions
- Fresh Solutions for Flexible Workplaces