Bend restaurateur expands business
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in High Five
- 0 comments
Gavin McMichael opened The Blacksmith Restaurant in 2003, and now is expanding his business by opening a soul food restaurant.
He recently also began consulting other business owners about how to stabilize their businesses and operate more efficiently in the current economy.
“The economy, just like a river, has the ability and want to change its course from time to time,” said McMichael, 42, who owns The Blacksmith Restaurant in Bend. “Sometimes as business owners, you need to go and meet the river again.”
Most recently, McMichael adapted by bringing another restaurant to Bend: Bourbon Street Sea and Soul Food, which is opening this week in downtown Bend. Located in the former Staccato space, Bourbon Street is what McMichael said marks the midway point of his diversification plan to survive the recession.
Read more at The Bulletin.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise