Veteran Intel Manager Appointed to Parkinson’s Resources of Oregon Board
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in Press Releases
- 0 comments
Parkinson's Resources of Oregon (PRO) is pleased to announce, long standing Intel manager, Kelly Sweeney has joined the agency’s Board of Directors as a member at large.
PORTLAND — Parkinson's Resources of Oregon (PRO) is pleased to announce, long standing Intel manager, Kelly Sweeney has joined the agency’s Board of Directors as a member at large.
Parkinson's Resources of Oregon is a nationally recognized non-profit located in the Pacific Northwest with a singular focus of improving the quality of life for Oregon and Washington residents living with Parkinson’s disease.
Sweeney joins the PRO board and brings with him a valuable connection to the technology community in Oregon. Having joined Intel in 1978, Kelly has held positions from Manufacturing Management to Product Support to Direct Sales. He is currently responsible for Sales Operations Management based at Intel’s Hawthorn Farms Campus in Hillsboro where he oversees projects at Headquarters Operations for the company’s inside sales division.
In addition to his role at Intel, Sweeney serves as the Business Development Manager for Kinetics Foundation, a non-profit group dedicated to developing and supporting solutions for people with Parkinson’s disease.
Sweeney was diagnosed with Young-Onset Parkinson’s disease in late 2011. Since then he has been actively involved in research, development, and advocacy for a cure and services related to Parkinson’s disease.
“We are delighted to have Kelly join the ranks of our board of directors as he is a technology influential with a long history of community service in the State of Oregon” said Barney Hyde, fellow board member and senior tax partner Deloitte & Touche. “Kelly provides a unique perspective as a person not only living and coping with Parkinson’s disease but he is also responsible for championing innovations at the Kinetics Foundation that will change the way medical professionals and researchers measure the progression of the disease.”
Notable associations Sweeney works with include, The Michael J. Fox Foundation, National Parkinson’s Foundation, OHSU, and the World Parkinson’s Coalition. 2015 marks Parkinson’s Resources of Oregon 35th year of empowering individuals to meet the challenges of living with a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease through information, education, personal support, and advocacy for a cure.
- Network of 60+ support groups provide a safe and confidential place for sharing and problem solving monthly
- Helpline offers callers access to literature about the disease, local resources, and a sympathetic ear
- Educational opportunities in partnership with several healthcare systems created for clients, caregivers, and the healthcare professionals who serve them
- Licensed staff provide case management, counseling, and family support to hundreds of vulnerable clients
- Lunchtime Laboratory webinar series created as an option for our rural and homebound clients
- Parkinson’s specific exercise and wellness classes offered in nine major cities throughout the region
- Advanced Stage Caregiver Training includes local experts sharing the latest information on medications and side effects, emotional and mental changes in PD, managing stress, and resources for long term care
- Newsletter with program info, research updates, and tips for wellness is distributed bi-monthly to more than 9,000 Family Caregiver Respite Fund to support low income families obtain necessary in-home care
- Programs offered at no charge to participants, many of whom would be unable to access our services otherwise
About Parkinson’s Resources of Oregon: Parkinson’s Resources of Oregon provides help and support to the Parkinson’s community in Oregon and SW Washington. Founded in 1980, PRO offers a network of 60+ peer-led support groups, educational programs, specialized exercise classes, speech programs, case management, counseling, and information resources to both Parkinson’s families and the healthcare professionals who serve them. For more information visit www.parkinsonsresources.org or call 800.426.6806.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise