Oregon Business is an award-winning magazine founded in 1981. The magazine reaches more than 20,000 business, political and civic leaders across the state. It reports on a wide range of such big-tent topics as leadership, innovation, technology, culture, politics and environment.
In addition to the print magazine, the OB editorial staff produces OregonBusiness.com and a Monday-Friday e-newsletter. The website features original commentary and reporting from Oregon Business bloggers, contributed opinion pieces, business tips columns and other web exclusive content.
Oregon Business is recognized for its pioneering workplace surveys. The signature research project of the magazine is the 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon, and its two companion projects, the 100 Best Nonprofits and the 100 Best Green Companies.
For information about OB internships, click here.
In addition to substantive analysis of statewide business issues and compelling features, the magazine each month looks for stories in these departments:
- Regional Reports: focuses on a specific city's or region's business issues
- Industry Updates: inside the challenges and growth of specific sectors
- Launch: profile of a start-up company
- Input: a survey of what OB readers think about current topics.
- Next: innovations from every sector
- Tactics: interviews with CEOs about what it takes to thrive and survive
- Powerlist: our ranking of the top companies in dozens of fields