Second Fulbright of 2009 Awarded to a Pacific Student
- Written by Oregon Business Team
- Published in Press Releases
- 0 comments
Danielle Phillips, who graduated in May with a degree in Modern Languages with an emphasis in Spanish and a minor in music, has been awarded an English Teaching Assistantship through the Fulbright Scholar Program.
Click title to read more.
Danielle Phillips will teach English in Indonesia for a year.
"While in Indonesia, I hope to teach English as a second language to high school students in a more rural area," said Phillips. "Giving students the opportunity to learn a second language is one of the things everyone should have."
The program begins on the 30th of August and lasts for approximately ten months. When she returns to the US, Phillips plans to pursue a Masters of Arts in Teaching degree with the goal of earning ESL certification.
Danielle is one of two Fulbright Scholars to graduate from Pacific this year, with a total of 21 Scholars from previous years.
Latest from Oregon Business Team
- Energize + Grow Your Workforce: Employee Commute and Remote Work Support + Benefits Options
- Make getting to work a perk by tapping into no-cost employee vanpooling services
- 2023 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon Happy Hour Awards Celebration
- Workplace Wellness and Active Commutes
- 100 Best Companies Merchandise