|| Print ||
Fifty-one Lane Powell lawyers were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (Best Lawyers) 2015; of those selected, 23 lawyers are from the Firm’s office in Portland, Oregon.
The Portland “Best Lawyers” and their practice areas are:
· Craig D. Bachman: Litigation — Antitrust; Litigation — Intellectual Property
· A. Jeffery Bird: Mergers and Acquisitions
· Robert R. Calo: Criminal Defense — White-Collar
· Lorne O. Dauenhauer: Employee Benefits (ERISA)
· Kenneth R. Davis II: Litigation — Intellectual Property
· Julianne R. Davis: Litigation — Intellectual Property
· Pilar C. French: Litigation — Banking and Finance
· John H. Gadon: Litigation and Controversy — Tax; Tax
· David G. Hosenpud: Commercial Litigation; Employment — Management; Litigation — Labor and Employment; Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions — Defendants
· Charles F. Hudson: Eminent Domain and Condemnation
· Neil D. Kimmelfield: Litigation and Controversy — Tax; Tax
· Benjamin G. Lenhart: Mergers and Acquisitions
· Robert E. Maloney: Eminent Domain and Condemnation
· Andrew J. Morrow Jr.: Corporate
· Paul M. Ostroff: Employment — Management; Labor — Management; Litigation — Labor and Employment
· Milo Petranovich: Antitrust; Litigation — Securities; Commercial Litigation
· Bryan E. Powell: Real Estate
· Michael R. Silvey: Real Estate
· Vicki L. Smith: Commercial Litigation; Product Liability Litigation — Defendants; Product Liability Litigation — Plaintiffs
· Thomas W. Sondag: Appellate
· John C. Stevason: Employment — Management
· Tanya Durkee Urbach: Commercial Litigation; Litigation — Securities
· Jeffrey C. Wolfstone: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Corporate; Mergers and Acquisitions
Special recognition goes to Bryan E. Powell and Thomas W. Sondag, who have been listed for 10 or more years.
The current edition of Best Lawyers (2015) is based on detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers. Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 50,000 leading attorneys cast nearly five million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
|10 Innovators in Rural Health|
|The Private 150: From Strength to Strength|
|Downtime with Debra Ringold|
|Flattery with Numbers|
|Farm in a Box|
|Preserving the Legacy|
Court experience helps legal firm anticipate potential problems for clients and prevent expensive litigation.
When Garmin AT needed to consolidate operations for its 550 employees, it scanned its entire corporate map for possible sites.
The technology industry is always in flux. And this rapid rate of change poses challenges to companies ranging from nimble startups aiming to make their mark to established organizations fighting to remain relevant. This is particularly true in the competitive digital display market, where an Oregon company has been at the forefront of nearly every major breakthrough in the last three decades.
A look back at the shifting sands of Portland’s growth and development.
Robert S. Wiggins has joined Lane Powell as a Shareholder in the Corporate/M&A Practice Group. Wiggins is a well-known lawyer, entrepreneur, and investor with more than 30 years of experience leading and advising established and emerging companies in the Pacific Northwest. Wiggins will focus his practice on offering outside general counsel services, including general corporate and board representation, business transactions and capital events.
DEDICATION PARTY: Help the Port of The Dalles celebrate its newest shovel-ready industrial land Friday, July 31, from 1:30 to 4 p.m.