|| Print ||
Fifty-one Lane Powell lawyers were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (Best Lawyers) 2015; of those selected, 23 lawyers are from the Firm’s office in Portland, Oregon.
The Portland “Best Lawyers” and their practice areas are:
· Craig D. Bachman: Litigation — Antitrust; Litigation — Intellectual Property
· A. Jeffery Bird: Mergers and Acquisitions
· Robert R. Calo: Criminal Defense — White-Collar
· Lorne O. Dauenhauer: Employee Benefits (ERISA)
· Kenneth R. Davis II: Litigation — Intellectual Property
· Julianne R. Davis: Litigation — Intellectual Property
· Pilar C. French: Litigation — Banking and Finance
· John H. Gadon: Litigation and Controversy — Tax; Tax
· David G. Hosenpud: Commercial Litigation; Employment — Management; Litigation — Labor and Employment; Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions — Defendants
· Charles F. Hudson: Eminent Domain and Condemnation
· Neil D. Kimmelfield: Litigation and Controversy — Tax; Tax
· Benjamin G. Lenhart: Mergers and Acquisitions
· Robert E. Maloney: Eminent Domain and Condemnation
· Andrew J. Morrow Jr.: Corporate
· Paul M. Ostroff: Employment — Management; Labor — Management; Litigation — Labor and Employment
· Milo Petranovich: Antitrust; Litigation — Securities; Commercial Litigation
· Bryan E. Powell: Real Estate
· Michael R. Silvey: Real Estate
· Vicki L. Smith: Commercial Litigation; Product Liability Litigation — Defendants; Product Liability Litigation — Plaintiffs
· Thomas W. Sondag: Appellate
· John C. Stevason: Employment — Management
· Tanya Durkee Urbach: Commercial Litigation; Litigation — Securities
· Jeffrey C. Wolfstone: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Corporate; Mergers and Acquisitions
Special recognition goes to Bryan E. Powell and Thomas W. Sondag, who have been listed for 10 or more years.
The current edition of Best Lawyers (2015) is based on detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers. Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 50,000 leading attorneys cast nearly five million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
|Child care challenge|
|Is there life beyond Reed?|
For good or ill, gay marriage inspires many people. They have strong feelings about it. Sometimes those strong feelings are grounded in religion and sometimes they are not. When the workplace is added to the mix, emotions tend to run high. After giving an overview of two current situations, The Bullard Edge is going to outline three key points for consideration and clarity.
Yesterday, a divided National Labor Relations Board dropped another hammer on the employer community. In a long-awaited and much debated move, the Board jettisoned the decades old standard for determining when two independent businesses should be considered joint employers of an individual worker for collective bargaining purposes.
Transforming the culture of Oregon’s educational leadership.
Attendance, breakfast buffet, materials, certificate of attendance and parking are all complimentary on behalf of the firm.
New regulations are in effect and more updates are on the horizon, are you prepared?
The Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) is pleased to announce 16 finalists — from over 60 nominees — for the 2015 OEN Tom Holce Entrepreneurship Awards.