This half-day summit presentations will begin at 8 AM. Topics include:
- Oregon Dept. of Agriculture
Update from Katy Coba, Director of Oregon Dept. of Agriculture
- Agri-Tourism-How Farm stands became a legal football (and how you can avoid being tackled)
Ty Wyman, Dunn Carney
Mike Brandt, Yamhill County Planning Director
Andy Duyck, Washington County Chair
Matt Lisignoli, Central Oregon Pumpkin Co.
- Water Resources in Oregon-Latest Developments
Kate Moore, Dunn Carney
Dr. Said Amali, Senior Managing Engineer at Integral Consulting, Inc.
- Ag Easements: Threat or Opportunity?
Laysan Unger, Dunn Carney
Keith Unger, McCandless Ranch General Manager
Rick McMonagle, East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District Land Conservation Manager
- Farm Labor and Immigration Reform Update
Tim Bernasek, Dunn Carney
Jeff Stone, Chair of Immigration Reform Coalition
Gail Greenman, Oregon Farm Bureau Director of National Affairs
- Lunch/Keynote Speaker- Dr. Sherri Noxel, Director of the Austin Family Business Program at Oregon State University College of Business
The following are participating organizations for the 2014 Ag Summit:
- Agri-Business Council of Oregon
- Oregon Association of Nurseries
- Oregon Cattlemen’s Association
- Oregon Dairy Farmers Association
- Oregon Farm Bureau Federation
- Oregon Seed Council
- Oregon State University College of Ag Sciences
- Oregon State University Extension
- Oregon Wheat Growers League
- Oregon Women for Agriculture.
- Oregonians For Food and Shelter
A complimentary continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. Register for the Ag Summit here. You can also register for this event by sending an e-mail to Seminars(at)dunncarney.com.">Seminars(at)dunncarney.com.
About Dunn Carney
Dunn Carney is a leading client-focused law firm in the Pacific Northwest. Attorneys work with clients on a daily basis to develop and implement legal and business solutions designed to avoid the problems that could lead to formal proceedings. In the event of litigation, they have an experienced team of trial attorneys who provide expert counsel and representation in alternative dispute resolution and in the courtroom. Clients have trusted their individual and business needs to Dunn Carney for more than 80 years. Dunn Carney is Oregon’s only member of Meritas, one of the world’s largest alliances of prequalified independent law firms. For direct access to locally-based legal expertise worldwide, please visit the Meritas website at www.meritas.org.