|| Print ||
The confidential employer survey consists of 57 questions, providing a comprehensive analysis of company benefits policies. Answers from the first 41 questions count for 1/6 of a participating company's overall 100 Best Companies score. The 15 Sustainable Practices questions count for 1/3 of a company's 100 Best Green Companies score. There is one open-ended question for additional comments.
Health & Wellness:
1. Does the employer offer a health insurance plan to employees?
2. If yes, what percentage of the employee's premium does the employer pay? (If employer does not pay a specific percentage, calculate average percentage paid for the typical employee)
3. Can employees cover their spouse and children?
4. If employees can cover a spouse and children, what percentage of the premium for these family members does the employer pay? (If employer does not pay a specific percentage, calculate average percentage paid for the typical employee's family
5. Does the employer offer dental insurance?
6. Coverage for vision?
7. Coverage for mental health care?
8. Coverage for alternative care (chiropractic, acupuncture, naturopathy, etc.)?
9. Does the employer offer fitness and/or wellness programs?
10. Does the employer offer life insurance?
11. Does the employer offer short-term disability insurance?
12. Long-term disability insurance?
13. Long-term care insurance?
14. How does your company handle vacation and sick leave?
5. Are most employees permitted to work flexible or compressed schedules?
16. Are most employees occasionally permitted to telecommute or work from home?
17. Are employees allowed to do volunteer community service on company time?
18. Can employees donate paid time off to other employees in need?
19. Does the employer offer paid maternity leave to employees? (Disability, vacation and sick leave do not qualify)
20. Does the employer offer paid paternity leave to employees? (Disability, vacation and sick leave do not qualify)
21. Does the employer provide financial assistance for the adoption of a child?
22. Does the organization subsidize employees' childcare expenses or provide free/discounted childcare on-site?
23. Does the employer subsidize elder care expenses for employees?
24. Does the employer offer employees the opportunity to set aside pre-tax income in a cafeteria-style Section 125 flexible spending plan for qualified child care or dependent care expenses?
25. If yes, does the employer contribute to the plan?
26. Does the employer offer a cafeteria-style Section 125 plan for unreimbursed medical, dental, or other qualified health-related expenses?
27. If yes, does the employer contribute to the plan?
28. Does the organization subsidize employees' transportation expenses?
29. Does the employer make or match contributions to the employee's tax-qualified retirement plan?
30. If the employer automatically contributes regardless of employee contributions, such as with a pension plan, what percentage of employees' annual salary does the employer contribute to retirement plans? (for example, 5%)
31. If the employer matches employee deferrals to retirement plans, such as with 401Ks:
Career Development & Diversity:
32. Does the employer offer college tuition reimbursement to employees?
Does the employer offer paid or unpaid sabbaticals to employees?
33. What percentage of the whole company's senior executives (VP or above) are women?
34. What percentage of the whole company's senior executives (VP or above) are racial/ethnic minorities?
35. Does the employer have a written non-discrimination policy?
Community Service & Incentives:
36. Does the employer donate money, goods or in-kind services to community or charitable organizations?
37.Does the employer sponsor any volunteer community service activities?
38. What percentage of employees is eligible to participate in an incentive plan, profit-sharing plan or gain-sharing plan, other than as part of a pension plan?
39. What percentage of employees is eligible to participate in a stock option or stock purchase program?
40. Does the employer subsidize or discount employees' purchase of stock?
41. Does the employer have an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)?
Please indicate to what degree your company’s Oregon sites support and promote the following sustainable practices (No, not at this time/Under consideration/In process or partially done/Yes, fully implemented):
42. Comprehensive sustainability policy with statement of clear goals
43. Measurement of sustainability progress and sharing results internally and externally
44. Employee rewards and recognition for efforts toward sustainability goals
45. Recycling of paper, glass, metals, packaging and other materials
46. Water conservation, such as low-flow plumbing and native-plant landscaping
47. Waste reduction, such as composting, reuse of materials, and minimal packaging
48. Use of non-toxic and natural materials in products, services and in the workplace
49. Sustainable purchasing, such as renting/borrowing instead of owning and selecting products with less environmental impact
50. Alternatives to single-occupancy-vehicle commuting, such as public transit passes, carpools, telecommuting, walking and/or bicycling
51. Purchases or directly utilizes renewable power and/or carbon offsets
52. Energy efficiency and conservation, such as turning off unused equipment and using compact- fluorescent/LED bulbs and high efficiency appliances
53. Sustainable facilities, such as LEED-certified buildings, weatherizing, remodeling with recycled/green materials, installation of solar panels, use of eco-roofs, etc.
54. Environmental stewardship, such as re-planting trees, restoring natural habitat, cleaning up pollution or supporting environmental organizations
55. Buying local materials, supplies, services, etc.
56. Use of supply chain vendors and service providers who practice sustainability
57. If there is anything about your organization's sustainability policies, not covered above, that you would like to add? (optional)
58. What unique or special benefits do you offer employees that make your organization a great place to work? (optional)
|A Complex Portrait: Immigration, Jobs and the Economy|
|Woman of Steel|
|Kill the Meeting|
Is your business ready to join us in the call for action? This opening panel includes Oregon businesses who will discuss why they signed the Oregon Climate Declaration, the investments they are making to reduce carbon emissions, and how their actions are affecting their companies.
Get ready for two days of special events produced with the EPA, Portland Timbers and ISOS before and after the GoGreen Conference on October 16.
How sports tourism is driving economic growth and making cities across Oregon a better place to live.
Port of Morrow's business-ready attitude has a surprising global impact.
Through its support of the arts, the Cultural Trust is strengthening the business community.
Amy will practice in the firm's Business, Real Estate, and Tax practice groups.
While the Bend City Council ultimately upheld the approval which enables OSU-Cascades to move forward with the 10 acre site, it did also thoughtfully consider the nature of its code requirements, resident concerns and OSU-Cascade’s efforts and suggestions and crafted conditions of approval to address potential impacts of the site in the area.
Is my drug-free workplace policy up in smoke?