A company representative familiar with your organization’s employment and benefits policies should complete the benefits (or employer) survey. It takes about 30 minutes. To access the Employer Survey, the representative will need the unique survey link sent to your company's 100 Best contact in the survey instructions.
Below is a checklist of topics covered in case your representative needs to gather information prior to taking the survey.
Facts to be ready with before you take the survey online:
• Health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage and whether employer or employee covers most of the cost
• Percentage of health plan premiums or health savings account dollars paid for employees and their family members.(If your company pays a dollar amount or different percentages for various plans, estimate the average percentage for the typical employee.)
• Number of holidays, vacation and sick leave or days paid-time-off (PTO) days after one year's service and maxium
• Flex-time and community service policies
• Benefits for maternity/paternity leave, adoption, child and elder care
• Section 125 flexible-spending plan policies for dependent care and medical expenses
• Transportation benefits
• Incentive plan details
• Percentage of employees eligible for profit-sharing and stock option/purchase programs
• Retirement plan details, including employer contributions to 401k, 403b or pension plans
• Tuition reimbursement and sabbatical policies
• Percentages of senior managers worldwide who are women and ethnic minorities
• Non-discrimination policy
• Organization’s charitable and community service practices
• Organization's sustainable and environmental business practices (Used for 100 Best Green Cos. List)
CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL EMPLOYER SURVEY QUESTIONS
Rules and guidelines:
• Answer each question as it applies to the greatest percentage of full-time equivalent employees in Oregon.
• If you are unable to finish the survey in one session, click the "Come Back Later" button and your answers will be saved. However, you will need to finish the survey on the same computer or mobile device.
• The employer survey counts for 1/6 of a company’s total 100 Best score. The Sustainable practices section counts for 1/3 of the 100 Best Green Cos. score.
1. Review the benefits survey checklist above and gather necessary information.
2. Access the survey online with the unique link provided in the survey instructions email. This may be done from any computer or a mobile device with Internet access.
3. Answer all applicable questions until you reach the final page thanking you for taking the survey.
4. Within a week after submission, you will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your completed survey.
5. The benefits survey is due by the November deadline.
If you have any questions about the benefits survey, please contact Kim Moore, 100 Best project manager at