Losses for the West Coast ports have been a boon for their East Coast counterparts as labor strife has stymied growth due to diverted cargo and lost contacts.
Mild winters will lengthen the growing season but also constrain amount of usable water while increasing potential for losses caused by fires.
Portland-based Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance devises $18.3 million, five-year plan to promote efficient use of natural gas.
The former governor's fiancee disputes public records request made by state's largest newspaper; Oracle mulls suing Kitzhaber and his top aide.
During a Senate hearing, federal officials said easy access to funding to mitigate the damage done by large fires is essential.
Charlie Hales asks for $440,000 for a permitting program; Rep. Lew Frederick aims to alter sentences for pot offenders.
- Gov. Brown intends to alter small-business regulations
- Uber testimony highlights rift between the rideshare startup, Portland cab companies
- Travel Portland reports $4.6B in tourism dollars in 2014
- Scope of Kitzhaber-Hayes investigation widens
- Oregon congressmen on opposing sides of net neutrality issue