Bus company in fatal Oregon crash banned from U.S.

Bus company in fatal Oregon crash banned from U.S.

The driver of a large motor coach that crashed in Oregon late last month, killing nine and injuring 39, had worked 92 hours in the seven days leading up to the crash, far exceeding the 70 hours allowed, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation, which has ordered the Canadian bus company to cease operations in the United States.

The transportation department said the Vancouver-based company, Mi Joo Tour & Travel Ltd., poses an "imminent hazard to public safety" because of its failure to take basic measures to ensure that its drivers are properly rested.

In a 10-page order, the department outlines a list of accusations against Mi Joo Tour & Travel involving its conduct before and after the crash. The DOT said the company failed to test the driver for drugs and alcohol after the December 30 crash.

Read more at CNN.