Dallas-based Cypress Equities, which purchased the mall last year, will spend $50 million on the two-year remodel.
Among the new features will be:
• An entrance cut into the mall from Northeast Multnomah Street where Macy’s currently abuts the parking lot.
• A revamped ice rink, centered under the skylight and reduced to an oval.
• Removal of the foot bridges over the ice rink.
• A renovated food court that makes it easier to watch the skating and encourages users to stay in the mall and shop longer.
• A toned down, less busy look that allows retailers to get the attention.
• A refurbished southeast entrance and a spruce-up and new lighting for the Salmon Fountain.
• LED lighting.
• A $15 million new heating and cooling system, designed to reduce energy use by 20 percent to 30 percent.
Read more at Portland Tribune