Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Lawmakers greenlight $29.3 million in capital projects.
Here's a rundown of what was approved:
- Southern Oregon University will get $21.3 million for seismic improvements to McNeal Hall.
- Western Oregon University will get $5 million towards the purchase of a former Oregon Military Department building at the northeast edge of its campus. The building is appraised at $8.1 million so the state allocation may not cover the purchase price. If completed, the deal would add more classroom space and enable the university to accommodate more students.
- Oregon State University's new campus in Bend will get $3.85 million as part of its transformation into a four-year university campus. The money will be used to build the first academic building on the campus and help it accommodate as many as 5,000 students by 2025.
- The University of Oregon will get $2.1 million for a tunnel that houses utilities, including water pipes.
- The Oregon Institute of Technology will get $1.1 million to make improvements to a tunnel that houses utilities, such as high voltage wires and water pipes.
Read more at Portland Business Journal