Sponsored by Oregon Business

Plastic to Fuel

| Print |  Email
High Five
Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tigard startup Plas2Fuel has developed a system that will allow its customers, recycling companies, to install plastic-to-crude-oil systems in their facilities.

Plas2Fuel's technology takes plastic waste and converts it into high-grade crude oil in modular, compact plants that would cost at least $2 million.

“The way we look at it, we have a solution to a really vexing environmental problem,” says Chris Ulum, Plas2Fuel’s chief executive officer.

Only 10 percent of all plastic gets recycled nationally, Ulum says. “The other 90 percent is thrown into a hole in the ground or incinerated, and that doesn’t make a lot of sense.”

Read the whole story at the Portland Tribune.


Oregon Business magazinetitle-sponsored-links-02