Infrastructure in the Spotlight
Trump, Transportation, and the Cascadia Earthquake
Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
7:30 AM to 9:00 AM (PDT)
Oregon’s infrastructure is in dire need of repair. Bridges are crumbling, road maintenance has been deferred for decades and hundreds of structures have yet to be retrofitted for the pending Cascadia earthquake. Transit options are not keeping pace with regional growth, and much of the urban transportation network is not safe for cyclists and pedestrians.
But after years of neglect, infrastructure may finally be getting the attention it deserves.
Oregon legislators are considering anew an infrastructure funding package, and President Trump is promoting his own, yet to be defined infrastructure plan. The private sector is ramping up with innovative engineering solutions and new business models.
Join Oregon Business for a lively conversation about the state of Oregon's transportation infrastructure: the challenges, the solutions and the business opportunities coming down the pike as infrastructure investment grabs the spotlight.
Location: Wilf's Restaurant • 800 NW 6th Avenue • Portland, OR 97209
- Linda Baker, Editor, Oregon Business Magazine
- Tobias Read, Oregon State Treasurer
- Sean O'Hollaren, Senior Vice President, Government + Public Affairs, Nike Inc., and member of the Oregon Transportation Commission
- Kate Drennan, Senior Transportation Planner, CH2M
- Mike Baker, PE, Vice President, David Evans and Associates, Inc.