Lane Powell will team with Oregon Business magazine for a half-day seminar titled “Best Practices For Best Employers™: How to Become One of ‘Oregon’s Best Workplaces’ Starting Today!”
Portland — On Thursday, April 9, from 8 a.m. to noon (registration begins at 7:30 a.m.), Lane Powell will team with Oregon Business magazine for a half-day seminar titled “Best Practices For Best Employers™: How to Become One of ‘Oregon’s Best Workplaces’ Starting Today!” The seminar will be held in the Pavilion Ballroom at the Portland Hilton located at 921 SW Sixth Ave. The registration fee is $75 prepay online or $90 at the door. Online registration is available at www.lanepowell.com.
The seminar will feature presentations by Lane Powell attorneys, providing information geared toward human resource professionals, CEOs, business owners and corporate counsel. Seminar topics include:
- Recent developments regarding the employer mandate under the Affordable Care Act;
- Legal trends affecting employers over the past year, including new federal, state and local laws; regulatory changes and initiatives; and decisions from courts;
- Tools for managing risk when onboarding and exiting your C-Suite employees;
- Developments that have led to the dramatic expansion of retaliation and whistleblowing claims and the steps employers can take to reduce their risks; and
- The effect of legalized marijuana in Oregon on your drug-free workplace policies.
Lane Powell PC, Your Pacific Northwest Law Firm ®, offers a broad range of legal services in business, employment and litigation. Founded more than 140 years ago, the Firm provides insightful counsel to emerging and established businesses and individuals. Lane Powell has approximately 200 attorneys located throughout Washington, Oregon, Alaska and London, England.