Hello ladies. With that far-from-subtle opening line, Isaiah Mustafa slid straight from a boat onto a horse and right into the hearts of "ladies" everywhere. His charming performance for Old Spice appeared during the Super Bowl, and immediately became a hit. So just how did Wieden + Kennedy create the wildly popular campaign?
Mark Thoma, a University of Oregon economist, uses his own small-town upbringing to explore why there is a difference in attitudes toward regulation between more conservative rural areas and larger cities that are generally much more liberal.
Legislators presented a doom and gloom message to Oregon green business leaders last week: The Oregon General Fund continues to plummet. State subsidies, once readily offered through tax credits to green businesses, will now be more difficult to obtain.
The fourth Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism Conference (ESTC) is in Portland today and Friday and this year it drew about 340 delegates from over 20 countries. Put on by the International Ecotourism Society (TIES) — which is celebrating its 20th year —the conference this year focuses on practical ideas.
- Jobs Watch: Hard questions for the senator
- On The Scene: Street of Dreams
- Jobs Watch: The revenue forecast calls for pain
- Jobs return to Portland Harbor
- South Waterfront finally comes to life
- On The Scene: SEO Tips and Tricks
- Jobs Watch: Fresh breezes in the Gorge
- Oregon Business named top 10 business publication