University of Portland’s Buckley Center was filled with eager students, professionals and community members last weekend for a conference titled “Transforming Our Energy Futures.” The event painted a rosy picture of progress for alternative energy initiatives across the region - in spite of both federal and state inability to pass key energy legislation.
If management consultant Tom Cox had a nickel for every time a client started a sentence with "I don't understand why people can't just..." he would be very rich. In his view, managers who see things that way should consider taking a look at the mirror.
Travel Portland President and CEO Jeff Miller presented his annual State of the Industry talk over breakfast on February 17 at the Doubletree Hotel in Portland. Spirits were high as Miller provided a bright outlook for the industry that finally began to recover in 2010 after suffering during the economic downturn.
- Kitzhaber visits the shipyard to promote ideas for boosting jobs
- Facebook backs open source in Corvallis
- Opponents to sue over Monsanto alfalfa crop
- On The Scene: The Oregon Zoo
- Bills target initiatives, campaign finance
- The economy wants to recover
- University reform gains momentum
- 24 million pounds of e-waste gets recycled