University of Portland’s Buckley Center was filled with eager students, professionals and community members last weekend for a conference titled “Transforming Our Energy Futures.” The event painted a rosy picture of progress for alternative energy initiatives across the region - in spite of both federal and state inability to pass key energy legislation.
If management consultant Tom Cox had a nickel for every time a client started a sentence with "I don't understand why people can't just..." he would be very rich. In his view, managers who see things that way should consider taking a look at the mirror.
- On the Scene: Tourism recovering in Portland
- Kitzhaber visits the shipyard to promote ideas for boosting jobs
- Facebook backs open source in Corvallis
- Opponents to sue over Monsanto alfalfa crop
- On The Scene: The Oregon Zoo
- Bills target initiatives, campaign finance
- The economy wants to recover
- University reform gains momentum