The new Innovation Program in Portland State’s Maseeh College of Engineering is already cooking up some interesting projects, including a novel water filtration system, a mechanism for measuring traffic on foot-bridges, and a noise cancellation mechanism for cars.
University of Portland’s Buckley Center was filled with eager students, professionals and community members last weekend for a conference titled “Transforming Our Energy Futures.” The event painted a rosy picture of progress for alternative energy initiatives across the region - in spite of both federal and state inability to pass key energy legislation.
- Avoiding Arrogance
- Obama praises Intel for investing in Oregon
- On the Scene: Tourism recovering in Portland
- Kitzhaber visits the shipyard to promote ideas for boosting jobs
- Facebook backs open source in Corvallis
- Opponents to sue over Monsanto alfalfa crop
- On The Scene: The Oregon Zoo
- Bills target initiatives, campaign finance